Friday, October 1, 2010

Showered in Pleasanton






On Sunday, September 26th, everything started out pretty early with Rebekka, Roy, and Mom going to early church and then heading south to Pleasanton to help out before the shower. Mindee, Kevin, Weldon and I went to late church because Kevin and I had to play (sing) at second service. We left as soon as we finished playing (singing), so I am sure that Pastor Rich wondered what was going on, because all of the college kids got up and left too (they probably had a 2:00 call for their opera matinee performance). Oh well, we will all be there next Sunday, for BOTH services!

Anyway, when WE get into Pleasanton, we made our way through town, and find Greenlawn just fine, turn onto the street, and I [knowing that Roy(our Roy's Dad)]has a really HOT mustang (or "'Stang" as we used to call them back in the '60's and '70's) parked in his carport, knew exactly where we were taking the men to drop them off and we were running about 10 minutes late. Well, actually, it was 20 minutes to 1:00, but I figured we needed to be there 30 minutes ahead of time, so I thought we were about 10 minutes late, which makes me crazy.

So, anyway, when we turned onto Greenlawn, the first house that I saw, had a mustang in the carport and a big tree in the house across the street, so I told Mindee to drop the guys off there...that was the right place. They looked at me kinda strange, and said, "Are you SURE?" And I said, "Yes, I am sure, look there's a mustang in the carport and everything." So they walk on up to the door and we go on up the street to turn around, and of course, I see the Guzman's pristine yard, and the really HOT!!!!! MUSTANG in the carport, lovely home, and immediately start shrieking in an unknown language to Mindee to "quick, turn around, that's the wrong house!" All the time, I am thinking, "I AM DEAD!"

Well, by the time we get back to the guys, they were walking back from the front door of the neighbor that I am sure that they had just awakened at 12:45 PM (since they hadn't gone to bed until 4:00 AM Roy said). And the look on their faces, I must say, did not look like they were all too cheery about meeting this neighbor. So, oh boy, what could I do, but wave my arms out the window and say, "No, no, no, that's not it, you have to go down to the NEXT house...do you want us to take you?" Well, we made sure that they made it into the RIGHT house, and they weren't going to search the Guzman household for any firearms while we were at the shower.

Meanwhile, all of the ladies of Pleasanton were gathering at Whiffletree's Restaurant for an amazing shower, as a matter of fact, it was a flood of beautiful gifts that just overwhelmed Rebekka and the rest of our family! Everyone was so gracious and friendly. The food was outstanding (Mary brought her layered jello again--I LOVE HER!) There were some recipes that were so amazing that I think a book needs to be published just from the showers. Now if these recipes are in the Reunion cookbook, I'll be very happy, because I have one!!! Anyway, the shower was just incredible. I thought that someone was just kept bringing more gifts in, because Bekka Jaye just couldn't get to the end of them...although that didn't seem to bother her. I know that when Roy (our Roy, your Tony) arrived, he was actually beaming!!! And he was ready to pack up the SUV's and make sure that nothing could break! He is just so helpful and carng. Bekka Jaye is getting a good one!!!

Well, we returned to the Guzman's and Weldon, Kevin and Mindee headed back to NB right away since Mindee had lesson plans, and Kevin had papers to grade, and Weldon was plotting my demise, probably by a wild Cairn terrier attack, and believe me, that is possible!

Mom, Rebekka, Roy and myself had the joy of remaining and visiting the aunts from Arizona, Aunt Mary, and the rest. It was a blast. At least, I spent my last few hours on this Earth laughing, and we got to eat some more of the delicious leftovers, even though all of the jello was gone.

But, it was a wonderful day, and truly, by the time we got home, Weldon and Kevin were already laughing about the "wrong house" incident and wished they had a video of my face and arms hanging out the windows and the shrieking from the car coming back down the street. They think we could have won $10K on America's Funniest Home Videos. Well, too bad, it would have helped pay for the wedding. Let's hope the neighbor filmed it. Ha, ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment